The lobby office is open to provide service to the public Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. However, the hours of operation for Fingerprinting and Concealed Weapons Permits are different and are noted in the Concealed Weapons Permit section.
The Records Division maintains all of the Sheriff’s Office public records by Idaho Public Records Law Standards, Idaho 9-337 through 9-350
Concealed Weapons Permit
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
|Retired LE Permit||$25.00|
|Retired LE Renewal||$17.00|
- Concealed Weapons License Application
- Enhanced Concealed Weapons License Application
- Concealed Weapons License Application - Retired Law Enforcement
Applying for a Standard Permit
- The Idaho Sheriff's Association offers an online handgun safety training course that satisfies the firearms familiarity requirements for a basic Idaho Concealed Weapons License. Click on the following link to access the site. www.idahocwl.org
Applying for an Enhanced Concealed Weapons Permit (ECWP)
- Enhanced Concealed Weapons applications are available at the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office.
- You must provide a valid driver’s license, a signed copy of the Idaho Enhanced Concealed Weapons Training Form that has been completed and signed by a valid firearms instructor, and proof of firearms training.
- Fees are paid in CASH at the time of application.
Renewing Your Concealed Weapons Permit
- You must complete a concealed weapons application and present your CCW permit.
- Make sure Driver's License has your current address.
- You can renew any time during the 90 day period before the expiration date for a $30.00 fee payable in cash only. Renewals done more than 90 days after the expiration date are subject to a $10 late fee.