The Kootenai County Sheriff’s Lobby is Open
Monday through Friday 9am-4pm
The Records Division maintains all of the Sheriff’s Office public records by Idaho Public Records Law Standards.
CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT - 2 step process. 2 appointments to receive CCW permit.
- Application is turned into office, payment due and if needed fingerprints are taken.
- Application is sent to state for processing.
- When completed, approval letter will be sent.
- Applicant will return to have photo taken and temporary license issued.
View details of the Idaho Concealed Weapons Law, Section 18-3302
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Monday – Thursday 9am-3pm. Closed 12-1pm for lunch.
- New CWP Applications or CWP’s in process - email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
FINGERPRINTING for general purposes (employment, etc) – Fridays. Call for an appointment 208-446-1300 option 3
- The fee is $5.00 for the 1st card, $1.50 for each additional card per person.
|Late Fee (91-180 days expired)||$10.00|
|Retired LE Permit||$25.00|
|Retired LE Renewal||$17.00|
- Concealed Weapons License Application
- Concealed Weapons License Application - Retired Law Enforcement
Applying for a Standard Permit
- You must complete a concealed weapons application.
- Make sure Drivers License has your current address.
- Proof of Firearms training. (I.e. Hunters Safety, DD214 or training certificate from Idaho Sheriff's Association)
- The Idaho Sheriff's Association offers an online handgun safety training course that satisfies the firearms familiarity requirements for a basic Idaho Concealed Weapons License. Click on the following link to access the site. www.idahocwl.org
Applying for an Enhanced Concealed Weapons Permit (ECWP)
- Enhanced Concealed Weapons applications are available at the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office.
- You must provide a valid driver’s license, a signed copy of the Idaho Enhanced Concealed Weapons Training Form that has been completed and signed by both a valid firearms and legal instructor.
- Fees are paid in Cash or Credit Card at the time of application.
- If you are an Idaho resident you need 6 consecutive months of residency before applying. Residency starts by driver's license issued date. Please call if you have any questions.
- Residents of another state are required to show a valid concealed license from their resident state.
Renewing Your Concealed Weapons Permit
- You must complete a concealed weapons application and present your CCW permit.
- Make sure Driver's License has your current address.
- You can renew any time during the 90 day period before the expiration date for a $30.00 fee payable in cash or credit card only. Renewals done more than 90 days after the expiration date are subject to a $10 late fee.