Downtown Coeur d'Alene , Kootenai County. Courtesy of Quicksilver Photography.
The office is open to provide service to the public Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
The Records Division maintains all of the Sheriff’s Office public records by Idaho Public Records Law Standards, Idaho 9-337 thru 9-350.
FINGERPRINTING: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:30am to 3:30pm
Tuesday and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Pictures and permit issuance for approved Concealed Weapons Permits (civilian and retired law enforcement)
Wednesday and Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
All new Concealed Weapons Permit applications and fingerprinting (civilian and retired law enforcement)
All renewal Concealed Weapons permit applications (civilian and retired law enforcement):
SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION: Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT
DOG LICENSE FEES:
Unaltered Dog- $15.00 per year, for up to three years -CASH ONLY
Altered Dog - $ 7.50 per year, for up to three years -CASH ONLY
Dog Licenses are governed by Kootenai County Ordinances. To see the entire Ordinance Section, click here, Select Title 5 Public Safety and Chapter 1 Animal Control to view the entire section.
5-1-4: DOG LICENSES:
A. License Required:
1. Any person who owns, harbors, keeps or possesses a dog which is more than six (6) months of age within the county shall procure a dog license as provided by this chapter; provided, however, that the provisions of this chapter regarding dog licensing shall not apply to any person visiting in the county for a period not exceeding thirty (30) days, and owning or possessing a dog currently licensed, and bearing a license tag issued by another municipality or other licensing authority, nor shall such provisions apply to any person who is a resident of a municipality within Kootenai County who has licensed his or her dog according to local ordinance.
2. The dog owner must provide proof of the dog's currently effective vaccination against rabies before a license is issued by the sheriff or an authorized vendor, and must maintain current vaccination protection during the period of the issued license. A rabies vaccination tag shall be attached to and displayed with each dog's license tag.
3. Any person who owns a dog regularly kept and housed in a kennel shall not be required to obtain a dog license as provided in this section, but shall be required to show proof of each dog's current rabies vaccination upon request of any animal control officer.
4. Dog licenses shall be issued during normal business hours at the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office and at all authorized vendors.
5. Whenever an unlicensed dog over six (6) months of age without proof of rabies vaccination is being redeemed at a county animal shelter, the dog owner shall have three (3) business days to provide proof of vaccination to the sheriff.
B. License Fees:
1. The annual license fee for each dog, unless otherwise provided herein, shall be set by resolution of the board. A certificate of neuter or spay issued by a veterinarian or other authorized provider of spaying and neutering services shall be presented at the time the license is applied for in order to secure the license rate for a neutered or spayed dog.
2. All license fees collected by the sheriff or an authorized vendor shall be deposited into the county general fund on or before the tenth day of the month following the month in which the fees were collected, and shall be credited to the animal control account; provided, however, that the board may, by resolution, establish a designated portion of the license fees to be remitted back to authorized vendors as reimbursement for their time and efforts in selling said license.
3. Once a license number is issued to a dog owner for a particular dog, in the event that dog should die, the sheriff or an authorized vendor may issue a dog license with the same license number to the owner for another dog upon satisfactory proof of compliance with the requirements of this section.
4. Dog licenses may be purchased for one, two (2) or three (3) year durations. (Ord. 378, 3-7-2006)