(Click here for details of the Idaho Concealed Weapon laws, Section 18-3302 A-C
Tuesday and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Pictures and permit issuance for approved Concealed Weapons Permits (civilian and retired law enforcement)
Wednesday and Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
All new Concealed Weapons Permit applications and fingerprinting (civilian and retired law enforcement)
All renewal concealed Weapons permit application process (civilian and retired law enforcement)
|Retired LE Permit
|Retired LE Renewal
APPLYING FOR AN INITIAL CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT (CWP)
* Concealed weapons applications are available at the Kootenai County Sheriffs Office.
* You must provide appropriate identification, eg. drivers license with current address, as well as proof of firearms training. This may include: Certificate from a hunter safety course.
Military discharge papers (DD2 14) or active military I.D. Completion of a firearms safety course taught by a state or NRA certified instructor.
Law enforcement firearms training.
* Fee's are paid in CASH at the time of fingerprinting.
* It may take up to 90 days to process applications and complete criminal history checks. Approved applicants are notified by mail when to return for their permit to be issued. They are valid for five (5) years from date of issue.
RENEWING YOUR CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT
* You must complete a concealed weapons application and present your CCW permit.
Make sure Driver's License has your current address.
(Click here for a link to Idaho Change of Address Request).
* You can renew any time during the ninety (90) day period before the expiration date for a $40 fee payable in cash only. Renewals done more than 90 days after the expiration date are subject to a $10 late fee.
Approved renewal applicants are notified by mail. Renewal licenses are valid for (5) years from the previous expiration date.
You will have to provide specific information on your Concealed Weapon Permit application. If you would like to be prepared, review this sample application for the information you will need.